Must Have Safety Tools For Dog Walks
Our business requires us to be prepared and be SAFE as we go about our work. As dog walkers, we are out and about day and night in familiar and unfamiliar environments. Here are a couple of safety tips to share whether you are in the business of dog walking or taking your own out for a walk.
- Body bag (I prefer a cross body) to store essential items in. Provides easy access and allows you to be hands free to keep a tight hold of the leashes.
- Day or night, VISIBILITY is important. This nifty gadget Life Gear Glow Stick provides light and can alert others if you have an emergency.
- Poop Bags -that’s a non-negotiable for dog walks and keep more than one!
- Hand Sanitizer-travel size works perfect
- Band-aids and antiseptic wipes
- Alcohol Wipes (multi purpose uses) Can be used if your dog is overheated, wiping his pads with alcohol promotes body cooling.
AND…the most important safety tool is you. Make sure you are aware of your surroundings at all times and always let someone know where you are going.
Stay safe and keep on dog walking!