“Dog Gone It” – Scoop your Poop
With 47% of the population owning at least one or more dogs, what‘s left behind is a relevant topic. As a pet care provider, we spend A LOT of time scooping poop. It is part of the service we provide but there is also a reason WHY we scoop poop and WHY every dog owner or walker needs to be responsible and ‘scoop the poop’.
What’s Left Behind is a Relevant Topic
POOP FACTS – Did you know?
1. It contains a host of harmful bacteria salmonella, giardia, and parasites to name a few. It can spread from dog to dog and passed onto children and adults
2. It is not a fertilizer-it is very acidic and will harm your yard
3. It can take over a YEAR or more to fully breakdown
Be part of the SOLUTION
- Always keep a waste bag tied to the leash-never leave home without (I learned the hard way…always carry a spare!)
2. Carry a key chain flashlight-works great for evening pick-up visibility
3. Pet Waste Stations — advocate for pet waste stations in your community, parks and shared spaces
Take One For The Team – you know what I mean…we have all missed a scoop or two for some reason. Pay it forward.
See It-Own It-Scoop It Up